Tuesday 27 October 2009

HOLIDAY - Lindisfarne Castle


As seen from the boat on the return journey. The mist came down again and I just got this in time before we got too far away. The others on the boat saw me stand up and take the shot and then they were all taking it. For the frame I made one layer on top of the other and transformed it to a smaller size. Then set the mode of the layer to multiply. This is what made the waves look flatter and also as though they are pointing towards the castle. I also put a new sky in the top. It was clear plain blue sky on the top so I figured this would suit it better. I did get 10 out of 10 in a print competition for it. Mind you there were lots of 10s that night.

2 comments:

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

WOW! This is SUPER, well deserving of a 10/10!! I love it. beautiful!

kiwi said...

10/10 from me too !!! I had been staring at the image for sometime wondering how you had done this Kate, then I read your explanation, thank you - well done, It's strange I often see someone taking a photo and wonder what it is they are seeing then take the shot myself, I usually wait for them to move away, but that would be tricky on a boat :-)